• Fresh Salmon
  • Posts
  • The Resurgence of Content Marketing: From Email List Building to Audience Building

The Resurgence of Content Marketing: From Email List Building to Audience Building

Unlocking B2B success + The Magic of Category Creation

Hola! You're reading Fresh Salmon, your favorite B2B marketing newsletter that will help you hone your marketing skills in just a few minutes.

Let's get started. . . .

Mastering the Shift: Unlocking B2B Success

Today's demand generation strategies are rapidly becoming outdated due to the ever-evolving world of demand generation. The days when a simple email list could fuel your marketing engine and generate results are long gone.

The rise of email clutter and a lack of valuable content have caused open rates worldwide to plummet to abysmal levels of 20%-24%. Brands began using emails to promote their products, losing the trust and interest of their audiences along the way.A new era of content marketing has emerged, and it's all about embracing the power of media.

We are no longer reliant on text-based content and SEO alone. B2B brands are shifting their focus to creating captivating media content in order to build an audience for their brand today.Media-first strategies are helping companies achieve remarkable results. Using talk shows, podcasts, and other media formats, they are engaging their audience and creating brand affinity.

By making this shift, they are able to reach not only the 5% of active buyers but also the remaining 95% who aren't ready to buy. The key lies in producing episodic content that educates and entertains-an approach called "edutainment."Delivering exceptional episodic content consistently enables you to capture broader attention and build a loyal audience.

As your content gains traction, it leads to free advertising for your company. Your valuable insights and entertainment drive people to inquire about your product or service. This is how you convert attention into sales.The marketing strategy of B2B companies must be modeled after that of media companies in order to remain competitive in today's dynamic market.

Forward-thinking businesses acquire media companies and integrate media operations into their own operations.In this way, you can build a larger and more engaged audience that extends deep into the 95% of your audience who may not be ready to buy just yet but are strongly influenced by your brand.

If you take this approach, you ensure that you are in the minds of potential buyers, so when they are ready to make a decision, they will naturally reach out to you.Media consumption habits have changed among the general population, creating exciting opportunities for B2B marketers. The distribution of multimedia content has become the new frontier for reaching and captivating your target audience.

In the ever-evolving world of marketing, you position yourself for long-term success by embracing this shift and building a media empire.It's no longer just about selling products or services; it's about building relationships, building trust, and creating a brand that resonates with your audience. 

You MUST leverage the power of the media to captivate your audience and convert their attention into sales.

The Magic of Category Creation: A Case Study

In a sea of self-improvement books, one author dared to take a different approach and tapped into the hidden potential of habits. 

James Clear's groundbreaking book, "Atomic Habits," revolutionized the way we perceive personal and professional growth.

By positioning his book as a guide to building and breaking habits, James captured the attention of millions and achieved unparalleled success.With countless self-improvement books already on the market, James recognized the need for differentiation.

He understood that habits lie at the core of personal development, and by focusing on this fundamental aspect, he unlocked the door to remarkable achievements. Instead of blending into the crowded landscape of self-help literature, he took a bold pivot and positioned "Atomic Habits" as a beacon of insight into the transformative power of habits.The results speak for themselves. Over 15 million copies of "Atomic Habits" have been sold worldwide, capturing the imagination and enthusiasm of individuals seeking meaningful change.

The book's impact extends far beyond personal growth; it holds immense relevance for B2B marketers like us. Imagine the possibilities if we approach our B2B endeavors with the same mindset as James Clear did with "Atomic Habits."

Interesting Thing That I Read This Week

Tweet That I Noticed This Week

What Do You Think?

This concludes this edition of Fresh Salmon.

I would like to hear what you thought of today's newsletter.

Also, let’s connect on Twitter, LinkedIn, or TikTok.



PS. I love you ❤️